Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Our Wild West Adventure! IOWA

As a little kid I loved reading about the west!  The horses, the Indians, Prairies, Mountains, etc.  I just knew there were adventures to be had in the wild west!  Our family was so excited to embark on a journey from Chicago to California. The journey was long, but definitely worth it.  I took over a thousand pictures on our journey, and though I'm certain you WANT to see every one of them, I will restrain myself and just give you the highlights!


IOWA
 Shortly after we left Chicago, we were in Iowa.  We thought it was beautiful, farms all around, and a wonderful brilliant blue sky against the yellow corn fields.  And the occasional barn and silo.  I loved it.  But after a few hours of the same thing, I was less impressed.
We did however find the windmill farms VERY impressive.  There were thousands of windmills, that went on for as far as the eye could see.  It was a little foggy when I took this picture, so it's hard to convey in this picture, the awesome sight we saw!




 



Oh, and I can't forget to mention that Iowa has claims to the "Largest Truck Stop in the World!"  Complete with Chiropractor, Masseuse, store, playground and rides for the kids!  We didn't stop we resisted the urge when we saw the gas prices!
 
 All in all, we did enjoy our drive through Iowa.  After all, to a city-family, farmland is intriguing.  The wide openness of Iowa is far beyond our comprehension after spending our entire (city) lives hearing about the over-population of America!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment